Subject: Re: [Leica] V35 questions
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 09:52:26 -0700

Louis DiBacco wrote:
><snip>
> Has anyone with a V35 replaced their 40mm 2.8 Focotar with a Rodenstock
> 40mm 4.0 Rodagon-W.A.? I am not very happy with the Focotar on the
> edges. Could be my imagination?
><snip>
> I had seen mention of an Aristo cold light head. For a V35?
><snip>
> Thanks.
>
> Louis DiBacco

Aristo has a web site which I believe will tell you that you will have
no luck putting one on a V35 which bums me out.
I am surprized your Focotar has edge problems enougth to take notice.
That being the case I would not replace it with another 40. I'd go with
a more conservative 50 of highest caliber. I think going 40 gets these
people in trouble optically and counters out many of the lofty
attributes of a lens costing all that money. Especially at the edges.
Personally I am of the school of using an 80 for my 35mm printing. For
the edge hyper aware printer this is the way to go. It's also easier on
the neck and back.
Mark Rabiner