Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: Floating Optics
From: Lucien <lucien@ubi.edu>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 18:24:13 +0200

Xavier Logean wrote:

> Canon has some AF lenses with Floating elements !
> Thus, It should be possible for Leica to do the same .......

Xavier,

What did you read in my post which make you answer that.

I was only discussing the fact that Contax AX kind of
autofocus system will not give the best results possible
with some Leica R lenses (and also some Contax lenses like
the 35/1,4).

The Contax AX body autofocuses by changing the lens-to-film
distance (adjusting the distance between the lens and the
film plane by moving the film plane).
The body does the focusing work, not the lenses.

Lucien