Subject: RE: [Leica] If One Can Load a Nikon F...
From: Henry Ambrose <digphoto@nashville.net>
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 1999 10:22:01 -0600

>RE: [Leica] M6 film loadingDr. Black Tape hates to disagree with Mr. Buzz,
>who is generally noted for the sage advice and commentary he presents here.
>However...
>
>    While the removable Nikon F is a royal pain - and Dr. Black Tape
>regularly uses an F - the film loading itself is so normal and pain-free
>that if one can remember where on his or her person he or she stashed the
>back, it's not a problem.
>
>    And frankly, the more times one loads an M of any variety the less of a
>problem it becomes.

Yes, if loading your M6 is a problem then I suggest you sacrifice an old
roll of film and practice! Over and over until its easy.

>Dr. Black Tape makes my point exactly.  If one can load
>a Nikon F one can load any roll file camera!
>
>         Buzz Hausner
>    DR. BLACK TAPE RESPONDS:
>
>    HOW SILLY OF DR. BLACK TAPE TO HAVE MISSED MR. BUZZ'S EXCELLENT POINT!

Really guys - loading the F is EASY! I promise. If you want I'll show you
pictures of how to hold all the stuff and load it FAST. (assuming I can
borrow one since I foolishly sold mine)

I can actually load it faster than my F5 - hows that for progress?

Interestingly, the R8 loads really fast - that IS progress!

1. Wind off
2. open back
3. grab old film, drop in bag (if the bag is in front of you just let it
drop in the bag)
4. grab new film by leader
5. slide the casette into body, hold with left thumb (which is also
holding camera body)
6. drag leader to take-up, insert into spool
7. roll spool a bit to start film
8. crank lever once or just a little
9. put on back, wind twice
10. shoot

This can happen about as fast (or faster) as you read it.  NO MISLOADS!

Henry

"You'll pay to know what you think"