Subject: Re: [Leica] OT: Good starter body
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 22:47:52 EDT

In a message dated 6/27/99 6:57:36 PM Pacific Daylight Time,
MichaelHintlian@compuserve.com writes:

<< Monsieur Steve;

 Since 1993 I have been shooting with an R6, then added an R6.2 a year
 later.  Both have operated flawlessly thru sometimes incredibly poor daily
 treatment and over 5,000 rolls between the two.  They do not rattle or show
 any sign of coming apart or breaking.  Your statement is surprising to me.

 Please explain what you mean...."Unlike Leica SLRs Nikons dont break."????

 Michael Hintlian >>

I wasn't the one who made that statement, but as a long-time user of both
Leica (M and LTM) and Nikon, I can say that on occasion *any* camera breaks.
All those Nikon repair shops out there aren't lacking for work.  In fact, if
it weren't for broken Nikons there'd be no way to get parts for the older
models.

DT