Subject: [Leica] Light leak in M6 (more)
From: "Doug Richardson" <doug@meditor.demon.co.uk>
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 1999 18:02:49 -0000

I've just been re-examining the prints and negatives, and the mystery
deepens!

On the negatives which show the blue-haze problem, I can see that that
there is a darkening which stretches into the gap between the
negatives, i.e. onto film which isn't exposed in the film gate! It's
hard to see how light could "leak" around the edge of the film gate...

Even more mysterious is the presence of a band of slight
under-exposure along the horizontal edge of some frames - sometimes
along the top edge and sometimes along the bottom edge. This band has
quite a sharp edge, and only appears in about 20 per cent of the
frames - frames with the band can appear on either side of frames
without it. On frames where it does appear, it runs at a constant
density across the entire width of the image.

Regards,

Doug Richardson