Subject: Re: [Leica] M4-P flush viewfinder question
From: "Robert Farr" <rfarr@voyager.net>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 17:18:48 -0500

Hello,

I normally lurk on this list, given that I am an amateur among pros and can
contribute little, but I hope that others may be able to help me with this
question.

I noticed on Stephen Gandy's site (CameraQuest) a page referring to M4-P
models with "flush M6 viewfinders." The viewfinder on mine is flush with the
front surface of the top plate, as opposed to having a raised "ridge" around
the viewfinder ... is this what is meant by flush?

Mine is serial #1622105, significantly earlier that those listed on his
site. Black finish, "Leitz" engraved on top, very little sign of use. I
enjoy using the camera (35/2 'Cron, Rapidwinder, Ward Softrelease, carried
everywhere), but wonder if I should be if it is some kind of uncommon model.
I use my cameras and don't mind so much putting wear on them (I value what
they produce), but perhaps I should sell this one before I dent it and
replace it with a more common version for daily use.

I've sent a message to Stephen Gandy via his site, but received no response.
Can anyone here comment  on whether this body is any more "valuable" than
any other M4-P ... or should I just use it (and use it, and use it) as
intended ?

Thanks in advance, and thanks also for all the great info posted over that
last two years of my lurking :)

Bob Farr
rfarr@voyager.net