Subject: Re: [Leica] FW: Rolf's Leica Questionnaire
From: "Richard J. Wyble" <rwyble@erols.com>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 13:49:27 -0400 (EDT)

> How can I encourage further response to the questionnaire? Offering my
> humble Leica gear as reward? Don't even think of it! So please, just
give it two minutes.

While the present German marketing and research industry is unknown to
me, one might suspect that the American research, advertising, and sales
industry might perhaps be in a blind spot for you.

We on the western side of the Atlantic ocean are daily bombarded with
surveys and questionnaires which arrive unsolicited via the postal
service, electronic mail, and telephone--generally at the dinner hour.
An enormous industry has been built around tele-marketing and focused
market research. In addition to menacing domestic tranquility enormous
sums of money change hands: people are paid fees for filling out such
questionnaires and frequently a research company will pay a rather tidy
sum to participants in a focus group.

Your questionnaire, undoubtedly promulgated for the reasons stated,
arrives for better or worse into a climate less than receptive to such
things.

  rwyble@erols.com
  Richard J. Wyble