Subject: [Leica] M2 bayonet mount
From: "Paul Bolam" <Paul@bolam67.freeserve.co.uk>
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 1999 14:04:50 +0100

I bought an M2 the other day and have found that when mounting a lens it is
an extremely tight and stiff fit to the bayonet mount.  I've tried both
Summilux & Noctilux lenses with the same result. Unlike my M6, which feels
like "a knife thru butter" when changing either of these lenses.

Should I take the camera back to the shop? They had another M2 for the same
price but it was dented.

Alternatively, is it worth lubricating the bayonet mount or lens bayonet, if
so, how?

Visually, I can't see any problems on the lens throat and there are no signs
of dents either.

Look forward to your advice,
Paul.