Subject: [Leica] re: another lame Bower book
From: "Howard Sanner" <flagstad@mindspring.com>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 22:10:55 +0000

Dan S wrote:

> I just read the new Leica Lens book by Brian Bower at the book store and as
> with his other books I am amazed at how superficial and basically pointless
> this book is.

   Well, FWIW, Edward R. Hamilton is selling the M compendium and
the lens book for about 30% off list price, or about $18 and $32,
respectively. Shipping is a flat $3 in the USA. Hamilton's web
page is at http://www.hamiltonbook.com. Note that they accept
only checks, no credit cards, and have no provision for online
ordering. You can, however, search their (huge) catalog from the
web page.

   Hamilton is thoroughly reputable, with very fast service. He
certainly doesn't wait for checks to clear. I've bought lots of
books from him, and am a very satisfied customer.