Subject: Re: [Leica] sad truth
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 25 Jun 1999 11:40:23 -0700

InfinityDT@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 6/24/99 11:26:07 PM Eastern Daylight Time, eno22@enter.net
> writes:
>
> << That is sad.  Have you gone to the chiropractor yet? >>
> Put a Blad + PM90 + 2 backs + 50/80/150 lenses on a scale next to *2* R8's
> (which you'd need to shoot color and B&W simultaneously) + 28/50 1.4/85 1.4
> lenses and see if there's *really* enough weight difference to send you to a
> chiropractor.  I think not.  A Blad is not an RB67 or Fuji G680.
>
> DT

Take a look at a blad with the lens, back and viewfinder off. It's like
a square egg with a mirror in it. Light as a feather, simple, elegant...
A second back adds just under a pound to your bag.
A second M body adds just over a pound to your bag.
A Blad is not that differnt to carry around with you: my body with 80,
back and folding finder is in my Lowepro Nova Micro bag now hanging on a
hook ready to fly out the front door. I have the meter crank on it which
works great and cost me fifty bucks. I love EV!
Mark Rabiner