Subject: [Leica] Re: Ebay advice
From: "Lee Yan Zhan" <yzlee@cyberway.com.sg>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 23:03:42 +0800

Dear LUGGERS,

Sadly, after buying 2 years from ebay, I encountered my first "scam".
Fortunately, its only about US$45.  The description of condition was not
honest.  The projector lens was suppose to be in perfect condition but
instead I got one that is mouldy, has one finger print and the glass is
chipped.

I have given the seller about 2 months to response to me but he hasn't.  I
wrote to ebay yesterday seeking their advise.  They wanted me to submit a
hardcopy report to National Fraud Information Center and then copy to them
before they commence any investigation.  Alternatively, I can issue a
negative comment on the ebay to warn the rest.  I am still considering if I
should go thru the trouble.  Ebay could do better than that.

On the whole, I have purchased over 60 items without any issue and have
made scores of friends.  Most of the items were purchased at prices better
than dealers.  To be fair, ebay has been a good source of Leica items for
me BUT BUYERS MUST BEWARE!!!

In my case, the seller had about 40 good comments but 4 negative.  So, is
he consider a reliable person judging from his 36 net good comments???
Personally, in future, I advise anyone not deal with sellers that has any
bad comments at all.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
Lee Yan Zhan