Subject: Re: [Leica] XTOL Question
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Thu, 24 Jun 1999 06:16:02 +0000

>Mark et al
>
>All this talk about XTOL has me interested in trying it, but I get very
>confused about capacity when I read Kodak's information.
>I do my processing in a Jobo, 1 shot.  If I am diluting the developer 1:2
>how much developer do I need? What times do you use? With extended
>development times you can get up to 15 rolls per litre of stock solution (3
>litres diluted). This would translate to 200ml dilute solution per roll, but
>do I increase the times and by how much?
>Am I making this more complicated than it needs to be?
>Is anyone using a Jobo with XTOL?  What is your experiance?
>
>Thanks.......
>
>Ken Lee

XTOL works in almost any developing tank.  It's important to note that you
will need at least 100mls of stock developer per roll (135 or 120), then
dilute it to working capacity.  The developing times can be accessed from
www.kodak.com searching under "XTOL".   Good luck and happy developing.

BTW, the keeping properties of XTOL are usually excellent.  For anything
more than a month on the shelf I will add about 10% to the developing time.

Dan K.