Subject: [Leica] Re: Leica Users digest V9 #71
From: TDSatty@aol.com
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 16:18:12 EDT

<< Is this a serious crime - in that I haven't told the wife about buying this
 OR the recent purchase of the secondhand M6 + noctilux?

 Is there salvation for me or am I condemned to celebrate life's good
 fortunes with sentimental purchases? I have never owned Leica gear in the
 past and this is our first child.

 Think I'm suffering from the Leica bug - how long do the symptoms last? >>

Explain to your wife that Leicas (including all the ones you have yet to buy)
are an appreciating investment, much better than stocks or bonds, and will
eventually fund your child's college education.  That should buy you 18 years
of ecstasy before the sh*t hits the fan.

After 14 years of marriage, and after going from Rollei to Nikon to Leica R
and now adding M, my wife is totaly oblivious to whether a body or lens is
new.  A decade ago, she might have asked whether a lens or body was new, but
recently she didn't even question the appearance of an M6TTL after the R7 and
R8!!!!  (They are all silver after all!)

Tom