Subject: Re: [Leica] IIIf at 1/1000: is this normal behavior?
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 16:09:08 -0400

Andrew-
Not falling all the way into place is normal- if the shutter is
intermittant, it may need a CLA. I understand there are 'brakes' on the
curtain rollers, and it doesn't take much to make them erratic, in the way
of dirt.
If it has just been CLA- it might need some excercise to move the lube
around evenly.
I had an LTM that was not constant when I first got it, but I excercised the
shutter a bit after the CLA, and it settled down and was okay!
Dan