Subject: Re: [Leica] XTOL Question
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 11:03:04 -0700

Roy Zartarian wrote:

> On 23 Jun 99 at 11:56, Lee, Ken wrote:
>
> > making this more complicated than it needs to be? Is anyone using a
> > Jobo with XTOL?  What is your experiance?
> >
> I'm using Xtol with a Jobo. For Tri X, my usual emulsion, I use a 1:1
> dilution @ 68 deg F. for 5 minutes 30 seconds (vs the Kodak time of
> 6 minutes 45 secs.).  For each 35 mm roll I use 300 ml of solution.
>
> Kodak's web site does have a pdf version of its "Xtol in rotary tube
> processors" publication. Or email me privately and I'll send you a
> copy of the file I've stored locally.
>
> Roy

As 5 minutes 30 seconds brings up a consistency issue why not try the
higher dilutions (1:2 to 1:3) which are supposed to have all kinds of
advantages beside bottom line saving money. You'd be using half the
amount of Xtol (75mls instead of 150). This would bring you time to a
more comfortable 7 or 8 minutes. So you have time to cough! I'm having
great luck with it. Not with a Jobo though.
Mark Rabiner