Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: M2 contrition
From: D Khong <dkhong@pacific.net.sg>
Date: Wed, 23 Jun 1999 17:55:28 +0000

Ken wrote:

>You have been infected and there is no cure. Only minor relief from time to
>time. Treatment is VERY expensive!

Terminal states of the disease includes bankruptcy and divorce.  It is best
to avoid this sad state of the illness.  One way is to trade off the M2
IMMEDIATELY followed by the dreaded M6 and Noctliux before the disease can
get a foothold on your health and well being. I suspect it already has....
see the pallor in your face and in your bank account.  Only people in whom
"Money is of no concern" are immune to this disease, sadly most of the
general population (and I suspect more than 75% of the LUG) are afflicted
to lesser or greater extent and some will eventually succumb to the disease
within their lifetimes.

Yet those who are afflicted seem to harbour a certain pride in being so
affected. They feel great.  Their acquisitions gather momentum at the
expense of time, money, marriage, work and what have you.  Those who never
have "any secrets with their wives" start to have secrets and guilt to hide.

>PS-Enjoy that M2. It is the best of the M cameras.

It is also the most severe strain of the disease. Some might call it a
curse.  In Transylvania, people are prepared to drive a spike through the
heart of the camera to rid the curse from their lives.

Dan K.