Subject: Re: [Leica] R-19/2.8 new vs old
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Tue, 22 Jun 1999 09:47:28 +0400

Jay Coleman wrote:

> Bernard:
>
> Unfortunately for your pocketbook, there is a big difference between
> the old 19 and the new.  While the old 19 was a remarkable lens for
> its time, the new 19 is truly amazing, and twice as much.

Jay, what would you say the main improvements relate to?

> If you are interested in an old 19, I think the 21/4 Super Angulon is
> better. (Conflict of interest disclosure:  I have a Super Angulon for
> sale).  I have used all three.

21 wouldn't get me far enough away from my 24mm, I feel; I like large
jumps between my lenses, such as to leave no doubt as to why I have to
change a lens for another one. I mostly shoot 24-50-90. I do have a 28,
but that's just because it so happens to be the PC lens.

Bernard Jacobs.