Subject: Re: [Leica] blue-sky daydream
From: 4season <4season@boulder.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 23:03:42 -0600

4season wrote:

> If you could have any single photo-related item or experience, what
> would it be?

Personally, I loved the daydream about standing on stage (Elvis-like?)
and tossing out platinum M6es to a screaming audience!

But mine would've been simpler:

I think it was the summer of '73 or so; I would've been about 11, and on
a family road trip. As my folks were not much for advance planning, we
arrived at peak season, in the scorching midday heat, and of course,
could find no lodgings, and ended up spending maybe a half hour in the
park; just long enough for my sister to snap a waterfall picture, then
leave.

I like to think what it might've been like to have spent more time
there, and maybe encounter an old guy in a white Stetson. Would I have
known who he was? No, but possibly, my folks would've, and maybe today,
I'd get a big kick out of looking over an old snapshot (taken by one of
my sisters, with a 126 Kodak) titled "Me and Mr. Adams"!

That may have been an opportunity missed, but tomorrow, I get to hear
one of my all-time favorite authors speak. No, it's Ray Bradbury--Dr.
Suess died awhile back. I'll be taking the Leica, a 90 and fast film.

Jeff