Subject: Re: [Leica] battery covers
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor@iol.ie>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 23:49:30 +0100

Doug McLernon wrote:

>Richard Clompus asked "Just out of curiosity, what did Leica charge you for
>the slotted battery cover?"
>
>Obviously` Richard you have not been long enough on this list to understand
>the mentality of Leica collectors. The non-slotted battery cover will soon
>become a collectors item. On a previous occasion I offered  all Lug members
>a chance to get in early on the now "classic" battery cover to no avail. My
>intention now is to co coroner the market and release these gems on a
>limited basis to finance my retirement.

As Doug is far too modest to mention, he is third only to John Maynard
Keynes and J K Galbraith in his appreciation of the finer points of
Economics, and this is what he professes at one of our more august Irish
institutions, Trinity College, Dublin.

On the other hand, didn't I read somewhere that Keynes almost went bust
speculating in the deutschmark between the wars? Watch it on those battery
covers, Doug... :-) Otherwise you might well 'coroner' the market.

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst
Waterfall