Subject: Re: [Leica] MLU on OM3
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 11:06:52 -0700

"B. D. Colen" wrote:

> Dr. Black Tape Hesitates to Contradict - Especially When There Is A Good
> Chance He May be Wrong...But there is a plain old mirror lockup on the
> OM4..Doesn't the 3 also have it?..Not that The Doctor wouldn't trade eight
> stored and averaged spot readings for MLU any day of the week, month or
> year...
>
> And then we come down to the final retort...If Eugene Richards can get by
> without MLU, so can Dr. Black Tape...

But you can reach in with your finger and flip up that mirror, then take
paper clip....oh well.
I remember it was the first system with interchageble screens via
reaching through the front with a special tool.
But who cares!!! Yes the Lack of MLU puts a downer on the whole topic
for me at least. Those crazy Olympus designers "Montani?" What were they thimpking?!!
Mark :-) Rabiner