Subject: [Leica] <no subject>
From: "sam" <salex@idt.net>
Date: Mon, 21 Jun 1999 09:11:14 -0400

re:

     <a paper in which they list 50 items that are not worth to buy.
    They include the R8, the minilux zoom, the mini 3, the Olympus OM3Ti (to
    expensive, outdated) and some other stuff.>

Outdated? Small,light, incredible metering (multiple spot averaging,
hi-lite/shadow calculations, 4 minute, EV 0-19 spot meter exposure) a vast
array of new and used very good (and many excellent) lenses for reasonable
prices, MLU (via self timer), etc. Expensive? A new OM3Ti is $1,500, not
expensive by Leica standards. The new and used OM4T's are much less and
offer, IMO, more features. Outdated? Not in my experience. This system
compliments my Leica M system perfectly. I have had and used the R7 and R8,
Canon A2, Contax RX and Aria - all excellent SLR's. But I seem to stay with
an OM(4T) system as the perfect SLR for my particular needs.

Sam Alexander