Subject: Re: [Leica] Heliar impressions
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 10:57:19 -0700

"Henning J. Wulff" wrote:

> >><snip>With the introduction of the
> >> Heliar, conversion of the Contax Hologon to M mount should drop to zero, if
> >> everyone is aware of the actual performance/handling factors.><snip>
> >
> >I am interested about what are the draw backs of the Contax conversion are.
> >Mark Rabiner
>
> As stated, f/16 and no metering and a much higher price and equivalent
> optical performance.
>
>    *            Henning J. Wulff

I'm really driving you crazy here and you are one of my favorite posters
but f/16 means what? Not the largest or smallest F stop on which camera?
And the Contax cost more I guess you didn't state that but that should
have been handy in our collective memory bank.
You can meter on the Heliar and not the Contax or the other way around?
I was just figuring there was some physical thing I didn't know about.
Mark Rabiner