Subject: Re: [Leica] MLU
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 12:43:55 EDT

In a message dated 6/18/99 12:17:22 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
marho@ikp.liu.se writes:

<< Leica notwithstanding, and not having owned a Leica SLR, I still think
 the F3 was the most gorgeous SLR I've owned/held/played with.  Built
 like a brick sh*thouse ;) >>

I've never owned a Leica SLR either, so with that in mind I'll have to agree
that there's something very special in the feel and operation of the F3.  I
sold my F4 for an F5 but still use the F3 unless I really need the AF.  As to
the brick sh*thouse status, the hands-down winner there has to be the
original F, followed by the F2 and the Nikkormats (all of which have MLU,
BTW).  Mine work as well today as when they were new (shutters still crisp
and accurate) and only the F has ever been CLA'd.  Wish I had that luck with
my Leica bodies.

DT