Subject: Re: [Leica] multiple exposures with M6
From: Ted Grant <tedgrant@islandnet.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 06:34:55 -0700

Martin Howard wrote:

>*THUD*
>
>(Sound of M. falling out of his chair and hitting the floor when he
>realized that it was *Ted Grant* asking a question about how you
>operate an M-camera... ;)>>>>>>>

G'day Martin,

Geeeeeeze I hope you didn't break anything.:)

Well sometimes in my old age I get antsy about doing dumb things, that at
one time I'd jump in with a "show no fear attitude" and just do it. If
something broke, what the hell you learned not to do it again. If it worked
"hey man that's cool!" And away you went with something different.

The thing that triggered the question was, " What felt like heavy duty gear
grinding as I advanced the the shutter cocking lever, while holding the
rewind lever down and the film rewind handle and film from moving."

After several attempts in this fashion the camera seemed to function OK
when it was set for normal use.  But in my usual sense of brilliance, "do
it first then ask"  I thought I'd ask "after the fact of doing it." :) Just
in case I really was grinding down the 16 year old gears.

Everyone else would have asked first, " do it? don't do it?"  So why would
I change at this point in life? :)

Martin next time you open my post please fasten your seat belt before
reading!:)

ted

Ted Grant
http://www.islandnet.com/~tedgrant