Subject: Re: [Leica] my M lens and b+w film test
From: Dan Cardish <dcardish@microtec.net>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 07:20:12 -0400

That's strange.  A book I recently picked up (The Film Developing Cookbook
by Anchell and Troop) mentions that the grain of Agfa 400 developed in
Rodinal 1:50 is finer than Tri-X.  To quote them: "It [Rodinal] is most
successful with Agfa 400, a film that exhibits noticeably finer grain, than
Tri-X."   I suppose they mean when developed in similar developers.

Elsewhere they comment that Agfa 400 exhibits the best gradation of all 400
speed films.

TheY

Dan C.