Subject: Re: [Leica] MLU
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 07:54:24 EDT

In a message dated 6/17/99 9:15:55 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
mrabiner@concentric.net writes:

<< > If you really want to see the value of mirror lock-up, try using it on a
 > Hasselblad. It goes from "KERTHUNK" to "tik". And the results show it.
 > --
 > Carl Socolow
 >
 > http://members.tripod.com/SocPhoto/

 but like the Contarax it doesn't flap back up again which there is
 something to be said for. >>

Yes, I'll say there's something to be said for a non-instant-return mirror,
but it isn't something printable.  Along with all the "safety" interlocks
like not being able to change the lens until you advance the crank.
Hasselblad and Leica both get away with a lot of foolishness in their bodies
because we've got no other choice if we want those fabulous lenses.

DT