Subject: [Leica] phocomat autofocus callibration with other optics
From: "Grégoire Vandenschrick" <vandenschrick@geog.ucl.ac.be>
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 1999 13:35:17 +0200

Another question:

I acquired recently a phocomat Ic, with the optic, wich seems to be dirty,
especially the diafragm (good word?) so I purchased another "macro-like"
ring, and mounted a schneider rodagon 60mm on in place of the phocotar 5cm.
The results are ok, but I lost the "autofocus feature" that is so useful
when changing enlargement rate. Is it because of the change of focal lenght,
should I buy a 50mm optic. If it's the case, when I have it, what is the
method to callibrate the circle-profiled plate on the right side in order
the achieve autofocus?

Thanks again

Gregoire Vandenschrick,   Assistant de recherche
Unite GEOG,  Departement GEO,  Faculte des Sciences
Universite  catholique  de  Louvain

email: vandenschrick@geog.ucl.ac.be
          vandenschrick@page.ucl.ac.be

Tel:    (00 32) 10   47 28 42
Fax:   (00 32) 10   47 25 56

Adresse postale:
          Bureau b275,  Etage b2,  Batiment Mercator
          3,   Place  Louis Pasteur
          1348         Ottignies - Louvain-la-Neuve