Subject: Re: [Leica] pressing M shutter
From: "Joe Codispoti" <joecodi@thegrid.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 15:53:49 -0700

- ------=_NextPart_000_020A_01BEB8D9.97569340

Christer,

The technique I use is to place the camera in the palm of my left hand =
cradling the lens between thumb and index fingers. Thumb and index =
operate the diaphragm ring. Thumb and middle finger operate the focus =
collar.
My left elbow is braced against my stomach to make a *camera platform*.
The right hand clasps the camera right shoulder with thumb ready to wind =
film and index tip on shutter button.
Before releasing the shutter I take a breath and hold it, release, and =
exhale.

try all methods you have mentioned and determine which is best for you.
Some have suggested the "soft release". I have two of these and they =
work well with M2 and M3 improving the release action. However, with my =
M6 the release is not as smooth as it is without "softies". Obviously, =
the plunger channel of my M6 is not as smooth and with the "softy" the =
release button binds no doubt because my finger is not as centered on it =
and I press at an angle

Practice, practice, practice,  and you will develop your own technique =
(don't forget to inhale again after exhaling).
Cheers,
Joseph----- Original Message -----=20