Subject: Re: [Leica] QuickTime movie "Fascination Leica" online
From: Austin Burbridge <LIGHTandPOWER@ibm.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 13:22:14 -0700

Dear Pascal, thanks for making the Leica movie clip available. I like your
website very much, in fact I've bookmarked it.

Having said that, I do not like the movie at all. I think that if that is a
Leica sales/marketing document, the new head of Leica has got his work cut
out for him.In my opinion it sells the features, not the benefits, with
shots of equipment and the slogan 'fascination and precision'.

I think a more apt title might be, 'Leica: bringing photography into the
1980s'. The line 'One does not purchase a Leica, one invests in
creativity,' is straight out of that era -- it reminds me of the era's
straight-faced articles on 'investment dressing'. My Leica is not an
investment since I hope never to have to sell it for ready money.

These quibbles have *nothing to do* with your excellent website and I'm
glad to have a window into how Leica markets its products.

A U S T I N .