Subject: Re: [Leica] Heliar impressions
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 22:19:56 +0200

D.T.

I have only seen the Hologon in one place, at Campion Photo in Brussels, where
the price is 150000 BEF or around $3800 at the current exchange rate. This is
well beyond what I would be prepared to spend.

As for the 21mm lens, I have the 24mm Elmarit which is fantastic. If I ever
decided to get a 21mm, it would certainly be the Leica version. I will only buy
non-Leica lenses if the focal length in question is not offered by Leica (as is
the case with 15mm).

Nathan

InfinityDT@aol.com wrote:

> I image you're speaking of the *original* Hologon for the Leica M, as I have
> seen conversions of the Contax G1/G2 Hologon in the $2500 range.  I'm told
> that there are different conversions and some are better than others, but in
> any case the Contax Hologon seems to have a very fine reputation.  Still, if
> the 15mm is going to be a little-used novelty lens then $500 is about the
> right price.  There is that ubiquitous Japanese-made 21mm that sells for
> about the same price, and I know of a number of people who've bought it for
> "occasional use", fallen in love with the 21 look and ended up with a Leica
> 21.  So, start saving your pennies. There may be a Hologon in your future.
>
> DT

- --
Nathan Wajsman
Overijse, Belgium