Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Luna Pro
From: Dave Richards <dprichards@uswest.net>
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 12:06:25 -0600

That may be possible, although I have never heard of anyone doing it.  I
have tried the Wein air cells and I'm not impressed.  They don't seem to
produce the same voltage as the originals, although I can't be certain
since I've never tested them with a meter.  At least my Luna Pro doesn't
seem to produce the same readings that it did with the mercury cells.  I
have heard that air cells have other drawback, like dying all of a sudden
rather than gradually over a period of time.

IMHO, it seems like an 'outboard' battery pack would make the whole unit
bulkier and less handy.  The Luna Pros are big enough as is.  I think I
would bite the bullet and buy a new meter that will run on batteries that
are currently available, and probably get a smaller package to boot.

At the moment I'm happy with a modified Pentax Spotmeter V and the onboard
meter in my M6.

Dave