Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: MLU
From: InfinityDT@aol.com
Date: Thu, 17 Jun 1999 08:37:58 EDT

In a message dated 6/16/99 9:14:01 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
jimbrick@photoaccess.com writes:

<< >In fact, it would be
 >logical to assume that the F5 would have the *best* dampening system of all
 >their bodies and therefore need MLU the least.
 >
 >DT

 In the 1/4, 1/6, 1/8, 1/12, 1/15 shutter speed ranges, moving a mirror and
 diaphragm WILL cause unsharp photographs in ANY camera (any camera that
 does that). Especially with long lenses. Tripod or not! The longer the
 lens, the worse the problem.

 MLU is an essential part of professional photography.

 To ignore it is un-professional.

 Jim

             My original posting, which was edited here, appears completely
out of context.  My point was that if it were true that pro-quality SLR's
don't need MLU (i.e. the F100) then the F5, being Nikon's flagship, should
therefore need it *even less*.  Yet, Nikon sees fit to have MLU on the F5,
therefore putting their claim that the F100 doesn't need it under great
suspicion.
DT