Subject: Re: [Leica] Dream...
From: Harrison McClary <harrison@mcclary.net>
Date: Wed, 16 Jun 1999 22:03:40 -0500

>The shift you can get with a
>85mm would be very limited at a practical distance, wouldn't it. I'm
>just not sure what to think, so please enlighten me, if you will.

One thing you can do with a tilt/shift 85 or 90 is to select the plane of
focus as you would in a view camera.  I have a very good friend who does
a lot of entertainment portraits and got the Canon 90 TSE lens for this
efect.  He can get just one eye in focus if he so chooses...not the same
effect as using depth of field to do this...something about using the
tilt/shift gives a very unique look.   Very cool feature and look.

Best regards,
Harrison McClary
email: harrison@mcclary.net
http://www.mcclary.net