Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Useful tripod ?
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 11:52:41 -0700

Jim Brick wrote:
><snip>
> For 35mm I use a Gitzo 1228 carbon tripod. I have a small Gitzo pan-tilt
> head (old version of the 1171) and a B1 ball head. Sometimes a situation
> calls for one over the other. I also have a Gitzo shoulder strap attached
> for easy unobtrusive carrying. Carry it with the head (heaviest part) down.
>
> For 4x5, I have a Gitzo 1349 carbon tripod. I use a medium Gitzo 1371
> pan-tilt head.
><snip>
Now you've really made me jealous! But how do you attach the strap to
the tripod? I've been spending money on tripod bags with straps. I have
two so far and appear to need one more. It looks like I am carrying a
rifle which I don't like. I put a sign on the outside of the bags with
tape which reads:Tripod. Which really makes it look like I am carrying a rifle.
Mark Rabiner
sniper extraordinaire