Subject: Re: [Leica] M in action/repair discussion
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 14:13:09 -0400

At 10:18 AM 6/15/99 -0700, John Hudson wrote:
>Here in Vancouver one of the principal repair shops declines to handle Leica
>simply because they are not able to get original Leica parts. Another reason
>they cite is that if they were to do repair work not requiring the
>installation of new parts they are exposing themselves to what Leica Canada
>labels as "tamper damage" if the camera subsequently needed official Leica
>service work to rectify previously unsuccessful  independent repair work.

John

I strongly suspect this is a convenient excuse, but I doubt if it has a
word of truth behind it.  The shop just doesn't have anyone qualified to
repair Leica, and so uses this to cover the deficiency.

Leica will cheerfully sell virtally any M or SL/R part to independent
repair shops.  Some LTM parts are a bit scarce, but, then, so be it.

I suspect I'd avoid this repair shop in Vancouver for ANY repairs, if this
is the sort of glop they hand out to the cash customers.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!