Subject: RE: [Leica] Useful (spouse)ipod ?
From: Buzz Hausner <Buzz@marianmanor.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 1999 08:11:41 -0400

- ------ =_NextPart_001_01BEB728.3A6FF3B0

Combining the tripod and "women" threads, the best portable camera support I
have ever found is my wife, who stands a mere but provident five foot
naught.  Self propelled, stable, easy to position, camera goes on and off
support in an instant, photographer can hide behind support for discretion.
Other benefits too numerous to mention and way off-topic.  No kidding,
though, a partner's head or shoulder can make a marvelous camera support in
the field.

	Buzz Hausner

		For the life of me, I've never been able to figure out what
the point of
		the Leica tripod was! Rigid, yes, but not too versatile. I
believe
		Manfrotto makes something similar, and Edmund Scientific
offers
		something too, though they sell it as a laser positioning
unit or
		something of the sort. Me, I'd rather have an itty-bitty
Gitzo 026.

		Jeff

- ------ =_NextPart_001_01BEB728.3A6FF3B0

<HTML>
<HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
5.0.1460.9">
<TITLE>RE: [Leica] Useful (spouse)ipod ?</TITLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Combining the tripod and "women" =
threads, the best portable camera support I have ever found is my wife, =
who stands a mere but provident five foot naught.&nbsp; Self propelled, =
stable, easy to position, camera goes on and off support in an instant, =
photographer can hide behind support for discretion.&nbsp; Other =
benefits too numerous to mention and way off-topic.&nbsp; No kidding, =
though, a partner's head or shoulder can make a marvelous camera =
support in the field.</FONT></P>

<P>&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; <FONT SIZE=3D2 =
FACE=3D"Arial">Buzz Hausner</FONT>
</P>
<UL><UL>
<P><A NAME=3D"_MailData"></A>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">For the life of me, I've never been =
able to figure out what the point of</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">the Leica tripod was! Rigid, yes, but =
not too versatile. I believe</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Manfrotto makes something similar, =
and Edmund Scientific offers</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">something too, though they sell it as =
a laser positioning unit or</FONT>
<BR><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">something of the sort. Me, I'd rather =
have an itty-bitty Gitzo 026. </FONT>
</P>

<P><FONT SIZE=3D2 FACE=3D"Arial">Jeff</FONT>
<BR>
</P>
</UL></UL>
</BODY>