Subject: Re: [Leica] Let's move on
From: Marc James Small <msmall@roanoke.infi.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 16:36:37 -0400

At 03:03 PM 6/13/99 -0400, Dan Cardish wrote:
>In your other equally elitist condescending  post you mentioned you pay $3
>per hour for connect time.  I was online for 270 hours last month.  That
>works out to almost $10,000 per year.  How may LUGers want to pay $10,000
>per year to read a bunch of longwinded crap about fountain pens and wrist
>watches on a Leica mailing list?   Lets take a vote.

Dan

This is not a democracy:  it is Brian's list.  If you don't like it, go
found a Hasselblad List and you may run that as you wish.  (Whoops!  You've
already done that one!  Sorry.)

Seriously, you are barking up the wrong tree here.  Allow us our foibles,
and we'll allow you yours.  Delete buttons are wonderful.  And there are
E-Mail Clients which cost nothing and allow you to do your E-mail off-line,
so that all we pay for is the up-load/down-load time.

I rarely intrude into discussions on the Rollei List, which I own, but,
occasionally, must do so.  But, that is normally when they turn ugly, not
because folks are discussing something off-topic.  (Though, frankly, we
have yet to talk about Scotch whiskies or fountain-pens on the Rollei List!)

This is a lively bunch who insist on speaking, even when they have little
Leica-related stuff to speak of.  So be it.

I love you folks, though you make my blood pressure rise on occasion, and I
can serve my role cheerfully as the List Curmudgeon.

Marc

msmall@roanoke.infi.net  FAX:  +540/343-7315
Cha robh bas fir gun ghras fir!