Subject: Re: [Leica] Rf coupled or non-coupled
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 21:28:39 +0200

Guy,

I did indeed pick up a Heliar 15mm in London on Friday but was not able to use it
until today, because I did not have the screw-mount-to-M adapter. But I found the
adapter in Amsterdam yesterday, and so this morning I put the lens on and have
kept it on my chrome M6 all day. I have shot my son's Little League baseball
season closing ceromony, Brussels' Grand' Place and the narrow streets
surrounding it, and inside one of my favorite restaurants, a small cramped cellar
where this focal length is just the ticket. This lens is a BLAST! I have never
had a lens this wide before. If I point it down at a 45 degree angle, my feet are
in the picture. The lack of rangefinder coupling is really not an issue given the
depth of field. Even at f4.5 you can focus the lens at 1m and just shoot away. It
is well built, the finder is at least as solid as my Leica 24mm finder, and its
optical quality is also excellent. I will see the results on Wednesday and will
post some illustrative examples on my web site.

Nathan

Guy Bennett wrote:

> i think you said you recently picked up one of those heliar 15mm's in
> london - what do you think of it? have you been able to use it yet? got any
> results? would you recommend it?
>
> i'll be in amsterdam later this summer and may pick one up, if i can find
> it. i've got the names and addresses of amsterdam photo shops you and other
> luggers passed on to me and will make the pilgrimage. i'll keep an eye out
> for that 15mm...
>
> guy

- --
Nathan Wajsman