Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica M advice wanted
From: Mark Rabiner <mrabiner@concentric.net>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 10:59:18 -0700

Pascal wrote:

> On 13-06-1999 00:22 InfinityDT@aol.com wrote:
>
> >Also, another quandary I'm in is: I want to take no more than 4 lenses,
> >perhaps even 3. I'm a long-time 50mm kind of guy, so that's in the bag for
> >sure.  Question is,  for European urban-type photography, which 2 or 3 other
> >M lenses would you consider "essential" choosing from 21 ASPH, 28, 35
> >Summicron ASPH, 90 Elmarit and 135 APO-Tely
>
> My advice would be to consider the following lenses with the M6: 21, 35,
> 50, 90 or 28, 50, 90.
>
><snip>
ON my wild west trip I just took I did a lot of switching between the
135 and 90 often used the 50 and used my 35 15% of the time. Are the
wide open spaces more so than in Europe? I would think so. Is that an
issue in not snubbing the long end of your lens cluster? Maybe. I don't
leave home without the new 135.
Mark Rabiner