Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: Let's move on
From: Javier Perez <japho@cunyvm.cuny.edu>
Date: Sun, 13 Jun 1999 01:15:07 -0400

I can understand how this off topic thing
could be upsetting to some
But it seems that most of it goes back to Leitz
related issues anyway. Besides, it helps us learn
more about each other. For example, before
joining I was told that this was a forum for snots.
Instead I've found that most posters here are
part photo enthusiast, part antiquarian and
maybe just a tiny bit eccentric but in a delightful
sort of way. I appreciate talking to folks who take
interest and find value in the sort of things most people
take for granted. It's almost like an alternate realty
that you can become part of for a few hours a night, a few
nights a week, a refuge from the other place a watch
is something you consult every now and again when
you are late, a car is something that takes you to work
and shopping, a camera is a thing that you take on
vacations to record your presence there and a pen is
something you write with. Perhaps some of this is
outside the scope of this list. Then again, maybe it
overflows the boundaries of the forum format.
Perhaps this peculiarity should become a movement.
That's right an anti appliance movement, through which
every worthy item is afforded a history, a personality and is the
object of discussion and debate in a far more interesting world.

Are we the Proto Anti-Utilitarians ???

See Ya
Javier