Subject: Re: [Leica] Rolex, Mont Blanc, etc.
From: Bernard <5521.g23@g23.relcom.ru>
Date: Sat, 12 Jun 1999 00:51:45 +0400

Robert G. Stevens wrote:

> My Dad still wears a Rolex that he got when my granfather died in the
> 1950's. Its not fancy, just a stainless Oyster perpetual, but it has
> worked fine for my dad for at least 45 years of daily wear.

Watches are jewelry for men. I wouldn't want to wear the same jewelry
for 45 years, just as I'd like to wear different clothes, 45 years from
now. Accurate time can be had for $5, and designs are fashion-dependent.

My Raymond Weill is a little off. Not enough to get it tuned, though, so
I sync it every other day to a $5 piece of Taiwanese junk on a
battery.... But the RW looks better.

Bernard