Subject: Re: [Leica] MOOLY question (short comment....)
From: Alex Hurst <corkflor.1@virgin.net>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 11:59:02 +0100

Dan Post wrote:

>Hey!
>My favorite car was my Diesel Jetta with 5 speed box, I have two Weston
>Master 5s that work great, and I still love Tri-X and HP5 after 30 years,
>thank you very much! :o}~
>hmmm-maybe my ex-wife was right, I am an old fuddy-duddy! ( only, she didn't
>spell it quite lke that!)

Right on Dan!

After all, these toys take us back to our youth when we coveted them new in
camera shop (and car dealers') windows, but didn't have the bank accounts
to support them.

My Weston Master 5 is also still going strong, as are all my 25 year-old
plus Leicas and Nikons.

And our runabout when we're in the UK is a little 1986 Peugeot 205 GTi,
which has just turned over 30,000 miles after 13 years......still the most
enjoyable motoring I have, and I drive a BMW back in Ireland.

Didn't I here that clockwork radios are going great guns in the third
world? So much for obsolete mechanisms.. :-)

Slan

Alex

Alex Hurst
Waterfall
Nr. Cork
Ireland

also (from time to time) Farnham, England

Tel: +353 21 543 328 (H)
       +353 21 270 907 (W)
       +441 252 726 922  (Farnham)

Fax: +353 21 271 248