Subject: Re: [Leica] Marking scratched on a 135mm Hektor
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 12:40:02 -0400

Doug-
Mine has 135+ and 77X-- it also has the serial number- ending in '77'
penciled on the light baffle in the barrel, along with '135. I would assume
that the tubes and lens heads were matched at some point, and that the
numbers were done to keep them paired if the head was removed for testing.
Check the inside of the front of the lens barrel.
Dan