Subject: Re: [Leica] Re: RE: AF & auto exposure
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 11:03:01 -0400

While we're off topic :o}~
I have a couple of Cross pens, a Parker Sonnet, and a fistful of Sheaffer
pens- when any of them need service, Cross and Sheaffer fix the caps, and
stuff- gratis! I did have to pay for a finer nib on the Parker, but then I
wanted a stainless steel one!
I also have a few turkey quill pens- the kids in the neighborhood were
amazed to see what kids 'in the good ole days' had to do, and why we call
the little tool now banned from schools, 'penknives'. I have been know to
use a reed pen, and sumi ink! I am not so retro as to start using clay
tablet, but then again, I have never wanted to study Sumerian or other
cuneiform styles of write! LTMs to me are the photographic equivalent of a
good fountain pen- you can't bang out pictures the way you can with a
motorized AF Kwanon with Mushinon lens, or words on a word processor. They
lend themselves to the more deliberate and thoughtful, possibly poetic
expression, and like writing with a fountain pen, you have to mind your "P"s
and "Q"s, and dot your "I"s, and cross your "T"s to make your ideas
complete!
If I am waxing poetic, it's because we are celebrating our 16th anniversary,
and my SO is so wonderfully indulgent with my little whims- like allowing me
to write to the list on this day! Gotta go for now!
Dan, Basking in the light!