Subject: [Leica] Pens
From: Gary Elshaw <gary.elshaw@vuw.ac.nz>
Date: Fri, 11 Jun 1999 23:02:07 +1200

Sheesh guys! Every time i think we take ourselves and our cameras too
seriously i'm going to pull the pen thread out! Next time someone flames
and it irks your day--read the pen thread. I've been rolling around on the
floor laughing at the fact that apart from a MOOLY query, and Dick's R8
purchase (Congratulations Dick!) the 60k digest is filled with pen
preferences and anecdotes.

Having a great 'Artline 0.2mm' day :-)
Gary

"Now, given that kind of time span, it's just not easy to think of Ned Lud as a
technophobic crazy. No doubt what people admired and mythologized him for
was the
vigor and single- mindedness of his assault. But the words "fit of insane
rage" are
third-hand and at least 68 years after the event. And Ned Lud's anger was
not directed at the machines, not exactly. I like to think of it more as
the controlled, martial-arts type anger of the dedicated Badass."

Thomas Pynchon
Is It O.K. to Be a Luddite?
The New York Times Book Review, 28 October 1984

http://members.tripod.com/~elshaw/index.html