Subject: Re: [Leica] Re Leica and fountain pens
From: Nathan Wajsman <nathan.wajsman@euronet.be>
Date: Thu, 10 Jun 1999 10:49:25 +0200

Ben,

To each his own indeed. While I am prepared to pay vast sums for a good Leica
lens, I am not prepared to pay even $2 for a writing instrument. All my pens are
free pens from hotels or corporate souvenir pens from customers and suppliers. I
cannot remember when I last bought a pen.

Nathan

Ben Ho ^_^ wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I tried to refrain from this thread but finallly find this thread too fun to
> miss.
>
> I also have a few good pens back home.  Once in a while, when I am tidying
> my stuffs, I will take them out for a while.  They are very fine and nice to
> look at and play with.  But I think a $2.00 regular pen is a better tool for
> writing.  At least it seldom leaks and the ink is really water-resistant.
>
> Meanwhile, my M6 is hanging around my shoulder everyday.
>
> To me -
> Leica is a practical toy.
> Fountain pen is a less practical tool.
>
> Of course, I am just a no-taste guy that likes to take photo.   (BTW,  I am
> also one of the non-existing Leica fans under 30, or  "wierdo" in short)
>
> Good day.
>
> Ben  ^_^

- --
Nathan Wajsman