Subject: RE: [Leica] hey Jim, what do you think of M6 meter?
From: "B. D. Colen" <bdcolen@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 16:30:06 -0400

- -----Original Message-----
From:	owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
[mailto:owner-leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us] On Behalf Of thibault
collin
Sent:	Tuesday, June 08, 1999 11:06 AM
To:	leica-users@mejac.palo-alto.ca.us
Subject:	Re: [Leica] hey Jim, what do you think of M6 meter?

Thanks BD,

I was thinking of something like what you said i.e. the measurement has to
be adjusted
with regards to the substance we are measuring.
As a matter of fact, my main trouble now is how to figure the measured area
with a 35 mm lens :
for me it's too small for a center averaged and to huge for a spot! This is
of course mainly remakable with
wide angle lenses. Now is my question : how do you handle this measurement
with wide angle lenses?
Thanks in advance,
Thib.

Well, one thing I do is keep dreaming of getting a Sekonic 508..
:)....Another thing I do is use a hand held meter and get an incident
reading if it's feasible, or take a reflected reading if it's not...But what
may be the most convenient and effective quick fix is to position your hand
in a similar relationship to the light source as the subject and use the M6
to take a close reading of your hand....it works....

B. D.