Subject: Re: [Leica] Leica equipment in Tokyo
From: "Claes Bjerner" <claes.bjerner@pi.se>
Date: Tue, 08 Jun 1999 20:16:04 +0200

Stephen Kobrin wrote:

> I will be in Tokyo in a few weeks and wonder if the
> price of used and new Leica equipment has fallen as a
> result of their severe economic problems.  Any data
> and suggestions of camera stores to visit would be
> appreciated.  As I recall, there is an area of Tokyo
> where many photo stores are clustered, but I cannot
> remember where it is or what it is called.  Age!!
>
> Steve

Steve,

Please let me know if you can see any signs what-so-ever of "severe economic
problems" in Tokyo. There are some, but only a trained and experienced eye
will notice them!

Tokyo is still a very expensive city for shopping. With the possible
exception of electronics and photo equipment. These products are often
extremely cheap. But avoid the hotel shopping arcades!

The best guide to camera shopping in Japan is right here on the Internet!
Check out the following web site: http://photojpn.org/

There you will get information on the best vendors and their addresses. Both
for new and used equipments. And itīs all in English!

Good luck in Tokyo, Steve!

Claes