Subject: Re: [Leica] RE: AF & auto exposure
From: "Dan Post" <dwpost@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 10:09:03 -0400

YEA! Jim!
Well said! And, I maight add, once you learn those principles- it's like
riding a bicycle, you never forget!
I told my friend Bob, who generously loaned me his Hassy outfir to do my
neice's wedding, that I   spent an evening just fiddling, and re-acquainting
myself with the system- I have not done a wedding since 1982!
It was like meeting an old friend! I told him that I immediately started
thinking in terms of 'zone focusing' as that was how I learned the craft. I
spike a pew with a tiny bit of tape- when the father/bride get to that point
coming into the church, and the bride/groom hit it going out, I snap the
shot! IT is the same with groups- focus on a person in the middle, and let
the camera and the science of photography do the work!
Yes, I love Hasselblads- they are a perfect adjunct for the Leicas in some
uses, and so are the old Rollei TLRs!
They make for an excellent range of tools for a range of job requirements.
Dan