Subject: [Leica] hey Jim, what do you think of M6 meter?
From: thibault collin <tc-lnc@u-picardie.fr>
Date: Tue, 8 Jun 1999 12:30:00 +0200

Duane wrote :
        I'm with Jim, I don't trust it...... of
>course you have to know what to meter on and how to make adjustments..... but
>either way in my opinion any SLR spot meter is more accurate than the M-6
>meter hands down.... Try pointing your M-6 at a computer monitor and see what
>the reading is.....

I'm new with the M6 and I'd like to know how to meter properly...
I'm just back from Kosovo where I brought two M bodies (M6 and M4) and two
summicrons (35 and 50).
Since I did not really know how to measure with the M6, I finally ended up
with the M4 and an incident exposure meter. I only made B&W shots with
either Tri-X or Plus-X.